At Adele-Rae Florist we are very concerned about local economy, we want to support local jobs and local business. That’s the reason we have a policy of buying local flowers and plants before imported goods. We are very lucky to live in British Columbia, it’s not just a beautiful province to live but also has some of the most successful flower and plant growers in the country.
We want to thank just some of our local growers that have support us during so many years:
- Eurosa Farms is the most important grower in the province for Roses, Spray roses and garden roses.
- Hollandia Greenhouses is our favourite local grower for Gerbera and Mini-Gerbera flowers, they have a very wide selection of colour and varieties to choose from.
- Burnaby Lake Greenhouses is one of the biggest growers of tropical plants, flowering plants and succulents in British Columbia. With dozens of varieties to choose from with very strict quality controls in place.
- Quik’s Farms is one of BC’s favourite local grower for flowers like alstroemeria, spray chrysanthemums, oriental lilies, disbuds and sunflowers.
- Oriental Orchids, no doubt is the best local grower for orchids in B.C.Oriental Orchids greenhouse is located just South Burnaby. Many orchid varieties to choose from.
This is just a little list of our favourites, but certainly there are many more growers in the area.
Photo by: Derek Truninger
When you buy flowers from Adele Rae florist, you are not helping only your local florist, but also you are supporting hundreds of jobs from our local greenhouses.