A common question our customers ask us when they send flowers for a funeral or sympathy floral arrangements to the family of the deceased, is “what should I say on the sympathy card?” Expressing the right condolence words can sometimes be stressful, here is a list of 10 message ideas you can send with your floral design.
- We’re so sorry for your loss
- Our sincerest condolences to you and your family, (he/she) will live in our hearts forever
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this challenging time
- Our Deepest Sympathy to you and your family
- Thinking of you at this time of loss
- (Deceased name) will always be in our hearts.
- Our sympathy is with you and your family in this time of grieving
- Our heartfelt condolences to you during this time of sorrow.
- We wish you and your family nothing but comfort and strength.
- May (deceased name) rest in peace, (he/she) and will live in our hearts forever.
Sympathy flowers and funeral flowers are not the same, generally speaking, sympathy flower arrangements will be sent to the family's home in grief, and the etiquette should be to wait one or two days after the funeral service. The funeral flowers should be sent only to the funeral service, as etiquette, if there is a viewing at the funeral home before the burial, then it will be better to send the flowers to the viewing service; this is a good idea as your flowers will be with the family during the whole funeral process. Likely, the funeral director will bring your flower design to the other services. But, if you don’t feel comfortable sending the flowers to the viewing, then you can send the flowers to the mass service at the church.
If your idea is to send a floral design after the funeral service to the family home, it will be best to send an arrangement in a vase, it won’t be appropriate to send a hand-tied bouquet, most of the time families are in great pain and stress, so arranging a bouquet in their own vase will only add more stress to them. For sympathy floral designs we recommend sending white or pastel colour flowers, except if you know which was the favourite colour of the deceased, then it will be a nice touch to add other colours.
Adele Rae, is a funeral florist, 60 years serving our community in Burnaby and our reviews are the best recommendation. In our shop you will find the best casket sprays, funeral wreaths, floral crosses, heart shaped wreaths, funeral arrangements and floral standing sprays.
If you are not sure what will be the best funeral floral design or sympathy arrangement to send, please call one of our professional floral designers at 604-299-0585, they will be happy to assist you, or if you prefer, you can visit our flower shop in Burnaby, BC, our store is located at 4714 Hastings St., between Beta and Gamma St.