Flower Arrangements: The Perfect Mother's Day Gift by Adele Rae Florists
Mother's Day is approaching and you may be wondering what to get the most important woman in your life, your Mom. Flowers have always been a classic gift for Mom, but this Mother's Day, why not step it up a notch with a beautiful bouquet or flower arrangement from Adele-Rae Florists?
Why flowers are the Perfect Mother's Day Gift?
Gifting your mom a beautiful flower arrangement or bouquet is a heartfelt way to show her how much you care and love. Not only do flowers bring beauty to any room, but they also will have a positive effect on her. Studies have shown that being around fresh flowers and plants can reduce stress and anxiety, making them the perfect gift for moms who need a little relaxation and feel appreciated.
Types of Flower Arrangements for Mom
There are many designs to choose from, but the most popular options include:
- Hand-tied Bouquets: Cut flowers are a simple and elegant, specially if they are properly wrapped; as theses arrangements comes without a vase she can put the flowers on her own favourite vase. They can be made up of one type of flower or a mix of different season blooms, depending on your mom's preferences. So ask yourself what is the colour she likes the most? is there a flower she loves?
- Flower Arrangements: These arrangements are typically larger and more elaborate than bouquets, they always come in a vase, the vase can be made of ceramic or glass. There are modern designs or more classical designs, you know your Mom better than anybody, just let us know her favourite flowers and colours.
- Floral Baskets: This is a great option, floral baskets are a great way to give your mom a gift that she can keep and enjoy for days to come. Baskets can be filled with a variety of fresh flowers and greenery, and can be customized to fit your Mom's taste. Baskets are always a popular choice, specially because is spring season as well.
Once you sent your flower to your Mom, you can give her these tips so her flowers will last longer:
- Re-cut the stems: Before placing the flowers in water, trim the stems at a 45-degree angle. This helps the flowers absorb water and stay fresh much longer.
- Change the water regularly, keep it fresh and clean, this is very important.
- Remove any leaves: Leaves that are submerged in the water can cause bacteria to grow, in this case your flower arrangement will die quickly.
- Keep flowers away from the heat: Flowers don't like heat, so keep them away from direct sunlight and other sources of heat.
- If your flower arrangement includes hydrangeas, make sure that there is no water tubes attached to the stem, if so, remove the water tube and recut the flower, hydrangeas are heavy drinkers, an hour without water will be enough for the flower to wilt.
In conclusion, flowers are not only beautiful, they are meaningful, and will make you Mom feel loved and appreciated on her special day. By choosing the right type of flowers, and taking care of them properly, you can give your mom a gift that she'll love and appreciate for days to come.
If you your Mom lives in Metro Vancouver area, think in Adele Rae Florists, we deliver Mother's Day flowers to most areas in the Lower Mainland area. We have many floral designs to choose from in our website, however is you want something really special, and custom-made just for you Mom, call us at 604-299-0585, one of our floral designers will be happy to assist you. We are a local florist in Burnaby, BC, Canada.